SEED‘s vision is to transform under-resourced neighborhoods across Cape Town towards resilience, cohesion and abundance through starting a culture of outdoor learning at schools.
This is accomplished through:
- Transforming one under-resourced neighborhood in Mitchells Plain towards being more resilient, cohesive and generating abundance, SEED is creating, together with the community of Rocklands, a model that is replicable and scaleable across Cape Town.
- Providing vibrant and contextual Sustainability Education curriculum and training for a diverse range of schools.
- Offering Accredited Youth Training that educates, equips and connects unemployed youth to opportunities in South Africa’s Green Economy.
- Incubating and innovating income-generating Community Enterprise models as a platform towards job creation, community capacity building and land-based resilience through growing local food.
- Growing a resilient Community Home Gardeners network that is supported and mentored by local community activists in the neighborhood and supported through the growing Rocklands Urban Abundance Centre.
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”